Courses Homepage: courses.espcomposites.com
Those who have purchased the book or provided feedback on Amazon are eligible for a discount. Request a coupon on the Contact page.
Are you already familiar with composites, but not necessarily the practical aspects to structural analysis? Do you want to quickly get up to speed with the basic topics for the analysis of composite structures?
If so, the Basic Analysis Course might be right for you. It is fully consistent with the book.
Presented as a series of online videos by the author, this Basic Analysis Course is an excellent companion to Practical Analysis of Aircraft Composites.
The following topics are covered. Both academic and industry approaches are discussed and compared.
- Introduction and Composites Versus Metals (Chapters 1 and 2)
- Material and Laminate Elasticy (Chapters 3, 4, 5, and 6)
- Stress/Strain for Plies and Laminates (Chapters 7 and 8)
- Unnotched/Notched Strength Prediction (Chapters 9 and 10)
- Micromechanics (Appendix A)
The course also includes two special topic videos. These videos are indirectly covered in the book, but are given greater attention in the course to further enhance your understanding of composites.